Friday, January 1, 2010

36 Weeks...Finally 2010!!!

Happy 2010 Everyone! We are so excited for the New Year, and what an exciting year it promises to be. We never thought January would get here, but it has, and we could have our baby at anytime! I am 36 weeks pregnant today, and I have a lot to update for all you avid readers.

I had my 36 week appointment on Wednesday, and I'm up 20 pounds! So, despite the added goodies during Christmas, I managed to prevent myself from packing on the pounds. Mason's heartbeat was a strong 142 bpm, and my blood pressure was great at 117/67. My doctor also did my first internal exam. Mason is head down, and I'm already 1 centimeter dilated and thinning. I know 1 centimeter doesn't mean much at this point, and he could stay in for another 4-6 weeks, but hearing that my body is already doing what it's supposed to really made things "real." Not to mention that I still can't tell when I'm having a contraction...maybe the real thing won't hurt that bad ::laughs uncontrollably::.

The nursery is also complete! We love the way it turned out, and I often just sit in the glider and think of when Mason will be here. I've washed his clothes, and the car seat is installed. We have also packed the diaper bag, so other than some last minute details, we are about ready to meet our little guy! It's a good thing too because I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I don't sleep well at night, waking many times to go to the bathroom. I think it's funny because people say "It's just preparing you for when he gets here." If he gets here, and I'm able to sneak out of bed, go to the bathroom without turning on any lights, and be back in bed asleep less than two minutes later, I think I'll die of shock! I've also started to get acid reflux (attractive, I know), but I haven't had any heartburn. And, the nausea has come back. I'm usually okay until the late afternoon, but after dinner I tend to feel pretty sick. Thankfully, it's not nearly as bad as it was in the first trimester, and I have yet to get sick ::knocks on woods::.

Well, that is the update from here. Perhaps my next post will include pictures of Mason, and a birth story???!!!! You'll have to check back to find out. In the meantime, here are the 36 week belly pictures, pictures of the nursery, and our family Christmas picture (before Mason, of course!)

2 comments:

  1. Its letting me comment? Finally!
    You look wonderful, his room is adorable, and I'm glad to hear that everything is going smoothly.
    Just a word of advice: don't get your hopes up that he will come early, or even on time... Whenever he does arrive, it will be the perfect day.
    Oh, and I laughed pretty hard at your hope that "it won't hurt that bad." I'm glad you laughed too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. His room looks amazing. You guys did a great job. I look forward to meeting Mason :)

    ReplyDelete