Sunday, December 20, 2009

34 Weeks...and 2 weeks of vacation!!!

I am 34 weeks as of Friday, and I'm officially on winter break! I know, enjoy the break now because once the baby comes, blah, blah, blah...and that is my plan. The past few weeks I haven't slept very well. The 3rd trimester waking has set in, and I find myself going to the bathroom three to four times a night. So, I'm looking forward to getting some rest during the next two weeks. That will hopefully give me the energy I need to get through three weeks of teaching in January. Then, I will be on maternity leave until May! It's weird to think how in just a few weeks Mason will be here. I know it will be life changing and exhausting, and I've never been more excited about anything in my life. Jeff is excited too, and has even been having baby dreams about changing diapers and feeding the baby. Jeff tells me that in his dreams, Mason doesn't cry that much. Hopefully that will hold true ::fingers crossed::.

In addition to waking at night, my back continues to give me the biggest source of pain. Jeff gives me back massages, and I use a heating pad when the need arises. I don't want to think about getting bigger, and how much more my back will hurt then. I am definitely growing too! I'm pretty sure I will have an outtie in the next few weeks, but I'm hoping the stretch marks stay away! According to the home scale I'm up 19 pounds. A coworker of mine puts a basketball under his shirt to poke fun when we're at yard duty.

Other than growing, we're working on finishing up the nursery, assembling the stroller, and putting all baby things in their place for Mason's arrival. We also attended a breast feeding class last week. I am actually excited to take the Christmas decorations down, so we can clean and get organized...let the nesting begin!

So, that about does it for now. On Christmas I will be 35/35...35 weeks pregnant with 35 days to go! We have our next doctor's appointment on Dec. 30th, and dare I say I'm kind of hoping it's an internal exam. With that said, here is the 34 week belly pics. Be sure to check back for doctor's updates and nursery pictures! Merry Christmas! I have also fixed the comment function on the blog...and it only took 34 weeks! Feel free to leave comments by clicking on the word "comment" next to the pencil below the post!





2 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful and I love your blog. I voted on weight - now let's vote on hair or bald *wink*
    Love, The soon to be Grandma - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your two weeks of vacation!!! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete