In light of the "progression" my long term sub came in this week to have her "transition days" into my class. I am so grateful for my sub! She is a fantastic, credentialed teacher that used to teach at my school. It will be so nice to be home with my baby boy, and not have to worry about my 20 other kids! I still have one week left of work, unless Mason decides to make an early appearance, but I'm not going to let anyone else get my hopes up ;).
This past week has also been a time of wonderful baby showers. Last Friday my awesome partner teachers (Jen and Corinne) threw a staff baby shower me. We played games, ate lots of food, and opened such thoughtful gifts. Mason received so many cute outfits, last minute baby items, and a very generous gift card to Babies R Us. Corinne made a delicious cake that looked like a baby, and added a fun play-on-words to the cake that has been a school joke since Jeff and I got married (Brown-Heiny). The shower was wonderful, just like the great people I work with!
Today I had a shower as well! The parents and students in my class gave me a baby shower, and it was a complete surprise! I had no idea they were planning this, and even had to cancel the spelling test to have it. Well, actually one of my parents cancelled the test, but the kids loved it! The shower was complete with baby shower games. Second graders are pretty picky, just like me, but they were good sports about trying the baby food. They also played baby shower bingo, guessed the number of M&M's in the baby bottle, and had treats to enjoy. They made an adorable baby book where they guessed when Mason would arrive, his weight, length, age when crawling, age when walking, career, and if he will laugh or cry. One of my students thinks he will weigh 20 pounds! Yikes! And about 16 of my students think he will be a teacher like his mommy and daddy. Mason also received some great baby clothes, toys, and blankets, and even some student made onsies! It was so touching that my class did this for our baby! We are truly blessed!
Well, that's the update from here! I will try to update shortly after his arrival, or perhaps I will be posting again at 40 weeks while on maternity leave. Only time will tell. Here is the 38 week belly! I'm not sure how much bigger I can get!





No comments:
Post a Comment