Friday, September 11, 2009

20 Weeks...It's a Boy!

We've hit the halfway mark, only 20ish weeks to go! And with the 20 week mark came the big ultrasound, where my suspicions were confirmed. Our little Jelly Bean is, in fact, a BOY!!!!!!We couldn't be more excited! I felt from the beginning that there was a boy in my tummy, but Jeff was convinced it was a girl (there are very few boys on either side). When the technician finished taking the measurements and told us the gender, Jeff had quite the shocked look on his face. Then he immediately began thinking of the sports he would teach our son. Now we have the task of picking out a name. Once we got the positive pregnancy test we tried to think of both boy and girl names, but quickly discovered our taste in boy names differed dramatically. We put all "boy name talk" on hold until we knew the gender. I guess it's a good thing we have until January! I hear they won't let you leave the hospital without a name, so let's keep our fingers crossed that his first birthday isn't celebrated at Kaiser ;) (our hospital).
We have also had baby movement. I felt the jumping Jelly Bean last weekend, and it was a very strange feeling. Once I figured out that it wasn't gas, I enjoyed sitting patiently to feel the soft movements. Then, at our doctor's appointment today, Jelly Bean was moving again. This time Jeff was able to feel the kicks. I was so excited that Jeff could feel it this early! I hear some people don't feel it for a few more weeks.
So, Jelly Bean is growing and kicking, and so is my belly! A few of the girls from my class last year love to come see me, and often rub my belly. Mom has become quite fond of rubbing the belly too (she is soooo excited, and I love it). I just wonder when I will get my first "stranger" comment! I'm sure it's only a matter of time!













No comments:

Post a Comment