Sunday, April 11, 2010

11 Weeks Old...Lots of pictures!

Mason is 11 weeks old, 2 1/2 months, and growing like a weed! We took him in for his 2 month check-up last week , and the doctor confirmed his "weed-like" growth. He weighs 13lbs. 8oz. (75th percentile) and is 24.5 inches (86th percentile). His large head is growing as well (82nd percentile) which must mean he has lots of brains! He got three shots, and was such a brave little guy only crying a little bit, but I was a big baby and cried a lot! Thankfully, my mom (Grandma) went with us to the appointment to get me through it ;). Mason is cooing all the time now, smiles regularly, and rolls over on occasion. I actually caught him rolling over on video, but I'm lame and don't know how to attach a video to this blog. He has been really good about having only one feeding at night around 3am, but last night he slept from 9:30pm to 6:00am. I was super excited, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up that it will be a nightly occurrence. He sleeps in his bassinet in our room at night, but I'm now trying to get him to nap in his crib during the day. This way the transition won't be as bad when we do move him into his room. I'm guessing that it will be harder on me than on him. What can I say, he has a sensitive mommy! And thankfully, this sensitive mommy will be staying home with Mason until August. I was originally going to go back to work in May, but made the decision to be home with Mason for a few more months! They grow so fast, and this time will be gone before we know it.

Mason also celebrated his first Easter last week. He got a very cute Easter basket from the Easter bunny. He also went to church for the first time, and was wayyyyyyyyyy better than the screaming two year old that was also in the cry room. For Easter we celebrated with Jeff's family on Saturday, where Mason got to meet his Great Grandpa. Then on Sunday we had a nice steak dinner with mom. Don't worry, Mason had milk ;).

I know the update isn't all that exciting, but come on, you would all rather see pictures anyway. Soooooooooo, here they are!

1 comment: