Saturday, August 18, 2012

We're back! And growing by two feet!

Hello out there in blogger land! I know, I've been a very bad blogger! It's been what, about two and a half years since my last post? I figured, if I wanted to get back into this blogging thing, I would need a really good post to get me back into it! Well, here it is! We are having a BABY!!! That's right, baby #2 is on the way! We are so excited for this new addition! So, let me fill you in on the past 15 weeks.

From our experiences with Mason, we knew we wanted to have a baby in the winter months, when I could be home for as long as possible. January wasn't an option because we didn't want to overshadow Mason's birthday (Jan. 24th). We also knew we wanted a baby no earlier than February because that is our timeframe for buying a house. So, February was our goal. I went off birth control back in January with the hope of trying in May! We must be pretty fertile because cycle number one was our lucky cycle for this baby and for Mason. Baby #2 is due to arrive on Feb. 24, 2013!

We told our families on Father's Day! We bought Mason a Big Brother T-shirt to wear. My mom was the first to know, and she was excited to say the least! We caught the whole thing on video, and it never gets old watching it! Jeff's family took a little longer to catch on! We had Mason in his shirt, and had him give Grandma and Papi many hugs before they finally saw the shirt. At one point we even had to say "Look at Mason's shirt!" They were excited as well, but a little more surprised than my mom! Jeff's dad even made the awkward comment of "How did this happen, you haven't had any private time?" I'm glad I have a good sense of humor and can laugh about it.

We had our first appointment on July 9th, and it couldn't have come any sooner! By five weeks I was already throwing up regularly, so I was eager to get some medicine! Thankfully, the baby looked great with a nice strong heartbeat. I got Zofran for my morning (all day) sickness, and we got some pictures of our little Baby Bean! The Zofran helped the first week or so, but I've been on a downward sprial ever since. I can't keep much down, nothing tastes/sound good to eat, I'm totally constipated, and I'm exhausted ALL DAY LONG! I even ended up in the ER at 9 weeks with severe dehydration! They gave me an IV of fluids, and it helped so much! I'm tempted to go back every few days to get an IV just to feel somewhat human. So now, at 12 weeks I'm on Reglan, Zofran, compazine, stool softener, B6 vitamin, and of course my prenatal vitamin. They wanted to put me on a class c medicine, but that wasn't a chance i was willing to take. I have been officailly diagnosed as having hyperemesis gravidarum aka extreme morning sickness! I guess that means the baby is healthy!

The downside to my appointment was that I found out I had to take the one hour glucose test...TWICE! Since Mason was over 9lbs. I had to take the test at 7 weeks, and then I will have to take it again at 28 weeks. Thankfully I passed my first one hour test, and my fingers are crossed that I will pass it again. I had to take the three hour test with Mason, and it was awful!

So, that is the update from here! I'm going to try REALLY hard to be a good blogger! Mainly for the fact that I don't want this baby to feel like the "second child" before he/she even arrives. I'm speaking from personal experience people, my baby book is empty! So, I hope you enjoy following us through this journey! Here is the pee stick shot and the 7 week belly shot!I'll be back soon to post the ultrasound photo and an 11 week bump pic!





No comments:

Post a Comment