I've hit 35 weeks in this pregnancy, and it's crazy to think that Baby Girl will be here in 5 weeks (35 days or so)! Since my last post, quite a few things have happened. Let me fill you in.
I had a follow-up weight check appointment for January 9th. After my appointment, we were going to go out to dinner to celebrate my sister's 26th birthday. Well, at school that day my class was going to the computer lab, and a former student (now in 4th grade) ran up to me full speed to give me a hug, and hit me pretty hard in the side. It was hard enough for me to stumble sideways, and for our computer tech to ask if I was ok. I thought I would be fine, but after getting my class settled in the lab I was pretty sore. Since I had an appointment that day anyway, I waited until my appointment when I brought it up to my OBGYN.
My OB was concerned with the force he ran into me, so she sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored. Normally they keep you there for four hours, but thankfully Baby Girl looked good, and the Braxton Hicks contractions weren't anything out of the ordinary, so they let me go after two hours. The positive to my appointment was that I gained four pounds. So, now I'm up 12 lbs. overall! My doctor wants me to continue with the weight gain, which of course I will do. We even made it out to celebrate my sister's birthday!
It may be a little hard to maintian the weight I gained after this weekend because I came down with the stomach flu and haven't been able to keep anything down. :( If there's anything worse than the stomach flu, it's being pregnant and having the stomach flu. The constant vomitting has caused me to have more Braxton Hicks, which has seemed to piss this little lady off! She is a rolling, kicking, punching, fireball in there the past two days! I know the flu shot isn't a guarentee, but I was hoping to bypass the flu this year. No such luck!
And finally, we have a name!!! With both Mason and this baby, it has been so hard to decide on a name. I basically chose Mason's name, so for this baby, Jeff got to have most of the say (I say most because I wasn't going to let him name our daughter something awful). I think we are pretty set, although Jeff tells me it still could change. So, the moment you've all been waiting for....Baby Girl will be named.....
We were really torn between the names Makenzie and Maya. But, I really wanted her to have my middle name Ann, and Maya Ann Brown didn't sound as good as Makenzie Ann Brown. We love her name, and Mason loves calling his sister Makenzie!It's soooo sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment