I'm 29 weeks today, and had the biggest surprise of my life (to date)! My mom threw me a baby shower, and I had absolutely no clue!
Every Christmas my mom, sisters, aunt, cousin, and I have a "Girl's night out" for dinner! Well, a few weeks back we started planning our annual dinner. Since my sister works in retail, it didn't look like dinner was possible, so we planned a lunch date for The Cheeesecake Factory. Said lunch was supposed to be today. The plan was for me to head over to mom's house, pick up the girls, and head to lunch at 11:30. Jeff was great, and agreed to watch Mason! And Allison (my sister in law that works at The Cheesecake Factory) was helping me decide what I wanted to eat for lunch! Little did I know that our annual girl's lunch was just a cover. I got to mom's house, and we went inside to see a "gift" my Aunt Dee Dee had given to my mom. Everything seemed totally normal, until I rounded the hall corner and came into view of the dinning room table decorated with a lovely food spread. As I walked closer, I came into the living room to an entourage of 16 amazing women! I'm told they shouted surprise, but I was in such shock at what was happening, that I can't really recall much after that. It was clear from the pink balloons and decorations that this was a celebration for our impending arrival, but I was so taken aback I was at a complete loss for words (something I don't think has ever happened to me). I was trying to talk, and was making no sense at all. Once I finally began to realize what was happening, I got to enjoy an amazing afternoon with some of my amazing family and friends.
We had delicious sandwiches, potato salad, dips, fruit medeley, and cake! I got to relax, and visit and enjoy the excitment of a new baby on the way. And, Baby Girl was spoiled! Everyone was so generous, and showered us with adorable outfits, blankets, bottles, binkies, and so much more! Even as I type, I'm in awe of the afternoon I had. It was a wonderful day!
After the shower ended, and I came home to share the day with Jeff, I couldn't hold in my excitment and disbelief! He asked if I was more surprised today or the day he proposed. While his proposal was amazing, today had to be far more surprising because so many people were a part of the surprise, and I had no idea! And while I type this blog trying to find the words to share my appreciation and excitment, words cannot describe how truly blessed I feel! I am so grateful for the people in my life!
Here are a few pics from the shower. I wish I had one of my face when they yelled "surprise" but my mom only had a disposable camera (I guess they still sell those). These are ones that I was lucky enough to take with my camera (that I carry with me everywhere I go).
No comments:
Post a Comment