Mason is 3 weeks old already! I can't believe how fast the past three weeks have gone by, I guess sheer exhaustion will do that to you! I will try to continue to update the blog with all of the exciting things happening in the "World of Mason" although I can't say how good I'll actually be at updating. It's funny how little time you have with a newborn, and if it comes down to it, a shower will win over a blog update ;).
So, here goes. Jeff and I have been getting settled into our new role as parents. The countless feedings, diaper changes, spit ups, etc. have certainly been keeping us busy. Mason has become quite the fussy baby, and tends to cry a significant portion of the day. He is great, however, whenever we have company, so if anyone would like to come by for a visit, we'd gladly accept your offer ;). I think all of this fussiness may be the result of reflux/gas, so the pediatrician prescribed some medicine that "might" help. It can take one to two weeks to make any improvement and we are keeping our fingers crossed. If not, we'll see what else the pediatrician can suggest, and hope that it's not colic.
At his two week check-up his weight gain was up, tipping the scales at 10 lbs. 2.5 oz. He was in the 85th percentile for weight...yikes! That explains my growing muscles. He is also very alert. He can follow me with his eyes, and he's getting really good at holding his head up, a miraculous feat given his head size! He also does great on car rides, and ventured out with Auntie Kym and myself on a shopping excursion last Sunday. It was our first trip out somewhere besides the doctor's office, and also our first trip lugging the stroller/diaper bag. I felt a little silly pushing the stroller, and by silly I mean it was so surreal to have a real live baby. I felt like I was back in high school, pushing a stroller with the mechanical baby from my health class. I came back to reality while changing his diaper out of the back of the car when he decided to pee all over.
Here are a few pics from the first three weeks, including some pictures from his first bath. He is so stinkin' cute, and no, I'm not biased at all ;)!









I'm not biased at all, but he is so freaking stinking cute and the most perfect baby EVER!
ReplyDeletexoxox to my nephew and his folks, love Auntie Kristi and Uncle John!