Last week my puppy Cassie began walking funny. We took her into the vet, only to find out that Cassie had a tumor in her anal gland. She had surgery last Monday and they sent the tumor off to be biopsied. The results came back Wednesday, and the news wasn't good. The tumor was a very aggressive form of cancer. The tumor was connected to the tissue, and this type of cancer isn't responsive to chemotherapy or radiation. So, our only choice is to make sure Cassie is comfortable, and watch her activity level and appetite to get an indication of how fast growing it is. Cassie is between 11 and 13, so she isn't a young pup, but it's my first "baby" and this news is just devastating to me. I'm hoping that is will be very slow growing, that she still has plenty of time left with us, and that she gets to meet Jelly Bean. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers! Here I am with my lovable ball of fur Cassie!

In addition to the stress of Cassie's health, Jeff and his dad have been working very hard on the nursery. Last weekend they installed chair rail. This was a gift from Jeff's parents, and I have to say, I had my reservations about the men doing this project (they haven't done any projects like this before). It was a weekend long project, that involved several trips to Home Depot, but the chair rail looks fantastic!!! It really gives the room a "finished" look! Jeff and I moved the furniture into the room (my mom, Aunt Dee Dee, and I assembled the dresser), and are amazed at how well the nursery is looking. We still have to paint the closet doors, find/hang artwork, organize the closet, and add some other details, but overall it looks like a nursery! Yeah! Here are some pics of the room (ignore the random bedding in the crib...now that I've mentioned it, you're going to look in the picture ;)). 





Here is the 26 week belly pic. It is getting big! I am wearing all maternity clothes now, which I find to be unattractive and uncomfortable, but maybe that will change the bigger I get!

No comments:
Post a Comment